Monday, June 29, 2009

Giving of yourself

One look into my sweet baby's face, and I am faced with my own mortality. He makes me appreciate the fragility of life and how important it is to make the time that we have been given count. How do we do that? By giving of ourselves. We give our time by volunteering with worthy organizations. We give our talent by doing things that we are good at for others. We give our treasure by donating money to people or groups that we believe do good work.

I know exactly what you are thinking. I'm too busy. I don't have a special talent. Money is too tight. Maybe next week, next month, next year. But maybe, just maybe, we won't have that next week, next month, or next year. Maybe this is all the time we have.

So what is your legacy going to be? What will you do with the time that has been given to you? What will you do to change the world?

No comments:

Post a Comment